top of page

Adult Technical Training

Pell / FAFSA

Pell / FAFSA

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step in applying for student aid. It is the document that the federal government uses to determine how much of your tuition you are able to pay, and how much money you are eligible to receive. How do you apply for the Federal Student Aid? 1. Complete the needed forms.

  • The fastest and most accurate way to complete the application is online

  • Include the school code for the Washington County Career Center, 030342

  • When completing the form online, the IRS Data Retrieval Tool allows students and parents to access the IRS tax return information needed to complete the FAFSA, and transfer the data directly into their FAFSA from the IRS Web site.

  • Or you can make an appointment with the Financial Aid Advisor at The Career Center, for assistance, by calling 1-800-648-3695

2. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). After submitting your FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR confirms the information reported on your FAFSA and will list your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right-hand corner of page 1. The EFC is an index of need that your financial aid administrator will use to determine the amount of federal student aid you qualify for. It is a standard formula the U.S. Department of Education uses, established by Congress When you receive the SAR:

  • Review the SAR and make any corrections.

  • If asked, submit any other requested documents to the Financial Aid Office.

  • You will receive an award offer from The Career Center that tells you the details of the aid you are eligible to receive.

Have FAFSA Questions? Contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID.


Have some questions? We're here to help!

Wendy Ketelsen

740.373.2766  Ext. 2014


bottom of page