Stonebridge Oilfield Services
October 6, 2022, 4:00:00 PM
The Welder Helper will weld, cut, and braze metal pieces and products by using flame-cutting and hand welding equipment.
· Plans details of work order procedures; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job.
· Repairs and fabricates various items and equipment using cutting, burning, and welding techniques and equipment.
· Monitors the welding, burning, and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged by warping, distortion, expansion, or shrinkage.
· Prepares, assembles, and tacks weld parts and surfaces to be welded.
· Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
· Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Understanding of machines and tools used in welding including designs, uses, maintenance and repair.
· Basic understanding of design techniques, principles, and tools necessary for the precise production of technical plans, drawings, models and blueprints.
· Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
· Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
Education and Experience:
· Welding experience required.
· Must be able to weld components that are vertical, flat, or overhead.
· Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
· Must be able to see details at close range.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
· Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.